Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Lovelies


I write a lot on here about the loveliness of simple things and how much I enjoy spending time with my friends. And, really, who doesn't? I find though that it's one of those things that I keep realizing over and over again. It's not so much that I forget it, but more that I'm repeatedly struck with the truth of it. This week was a slog. It's not that it was bad really, it was just...gross. I felt off all week. I've been a bit under the weather, it's been raining, I've been feeling a little buried by my ever-growing reading list...in short, it was one of those weeks where everything kind of piles up and you wind up in a bad mood even though everything is actually fine. Despite all of that, there have been sets of hours that have shaped themselves up rather nicely. A couple of my closest friends out here just left. We took a few hours break from work to bake and check out the new crepe restaurant in town. The baking was fun, although poorly planned, and the restaurant was lovely, although they are still trying to find their stride. And the company was, of course, delightful. And we parted with plans for breakfast at the crepe place (yes, this might become somewhere we spend a lot of time and money), coffee shop work, and eating the fruits of our baking adventure. All in all, it was pretty much the perfect antidote to the weird mood I've been in.

No comments:

Post a Comment