Thursday, July 26, 2012

A Question for Y'all


I don't normally air ideas that I am simply musing about on the internet, but in this case I am making an exception because I need some feedback. I'm thinking about starting up an Etsy shop to sell some prints of my photographs. Is this a good idea? Would any of you buy prints? Do you know anyone who might buy prints? What kind of images would you like to see available for purchase? What kind of price bracket would you like to see them in? Let me know in the comments here, or, if you know me personally, you can contact me whatever way your heart desires.

3 comments:

  1. Honestly I never have even gone on etsy. But I know almost everyone else does. I used to frequent Deviant art in high school but I don't know how their prints work. Does it cost money to start up? How much would you be risking? If nothing then why not?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bree, I think you should definitely set up shop. You have some great photographs, so why not just go for it?! I don't know how much you should charge - maybe browse other shops and see how things are priced? I friend of mine very recently put up some prints of her artwork on etsy and has received some orders for them already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it is a good idea.

    Yes, we would buy prints.

    Maybe.

    Kinds of images -- this is a hard one. I think you should put up an assortment and let your customers guide you as to what they are looking for.

    Price for prints: depends on kind, quality and size but between $20 and $100 plus shipping.

    And for what it is worth, I think you should also offer electronic versions for use as stock photos on websites.

    This also means that what you put up on etsy should be watermarked so that they can't simply be downloaded.

    And I think you could consider selling your book, putting sample pictures on etsy.

    ReplyDelete