Monday, June 13, 2011

A Little Bit Fruity


One of my favourite things about summer is the fruit selection. Every year, as soon as it starts to get sunny on a semi-regular basis I start craving fruit all the time. This year I was craving fruit starting in like February (in fact, I took this picture in March). It was ridiculous. The only problem with a love of fruit is that when you are the only person eating the food you buy, it tends to go bad before you can eat it all. And that is not only a waste of money and food, but just plain upsetting. I mean, I get all excited to have some [insert delicious fruit here] and go to the fridge and pull it out and it is all mushy and moldy and just generally nasty. It's awful, partly because then I am craving whatever fruit it was and nothing else sounds appealing once I start craving a specific item. So whatever I eat ends up being a disappointment. Anyway, I was reminded of the fact that I love fruit today when I went out for brunch/lunch today at this place that serves fruit with everything. It's fantastic.

1 comment: