Friday, June 3, 2011

Being a Bear


Mornings and I do not get along. So much so that when my alarm goes off my first coherent thoughts are usually something like "NO! I hate mornings. Eugh." Consequently I can be a bit of a bear in the mornings. Especially before I'm showered and dressed. People really shouldn't talk to me before this happens. After that I am usually slightly more pleasant, but cannot guarantee my coherence or actual presence in a conversation. This general morning grouchiness has really been called to my attention this week because I've started a couple new jobs and they require me to be up really early. The other unfortunate side effect is that by 2 in the afternoon I am yawning like mad. Exhaustion is only exacerbated by the fact that I can't have caffeine or sugar to give myself a bit of a boost. Lately I've been thinking that Canadians should adopt the custom of siesta. Just taking a break (and a nap) in the middle of the afternoon sounds awesome.

This photo is from the same art installation as this one. There were some really great pieces there.

No comments:

Post a Comment