Friday, February 10, 2012

Cover Me



In general, I would not say that I am a fan of cover songs. They can be done really well, but more often than not a cover just doesn't live up to the original. I honestly don't think anyone is ever going to be able to cover "Big Yellow Taxi" in a way that lives up to Joni Mitchell. (If you think you know of a cover that does that, then feel free to send it my way.) Every so often though, I find a cover that I absolutely adore. Here, for your listening pleasure, are a few that have struck my fancy lately.

Birdy covering Bon Iver's "Skinny Love"

Pentatonix covering Gotye's "Somebody that I Used to Know"

The Little Willies covering Dolly Parton's "Jolene"

And, because I'm still obsessed with it, The Honey Trees covering Moon River

No comments:

Post a Comment