Thursday, February 16, 2012

On Days Like This


Today was not a good day. I did have a lovely dinner with a friend, but aside from that there just wasn't much good going on. When life sucks and nothing seems to be going quite right, I find that searching out beauty and inspiration is one of the ways I can maintain my precarious grasp on sanity. Here are a few of the places I wander to online when I'm in need of a reminder of the good and beautiful things in life. I thought I'd share them with y'all so that you too could turn to them in moments of need.

A Cup of Jo - I visit this blog every single day, without fail. Every. Single. Day.

rockstar diaries - I'm obsessed with this blog. It is impossible for me to not be inspired by Taza's posts.

Clumsy, Creative Bliss - Gorgeous photography and a consistently positive outlook on life. This is a must-visit blog any time I'm feeling sapped.

wit + delight - Consistently reminds me why I appreciate the finer things in life, and how wonderful the simplest things can be.

Note to Self - Just a gorgeous blog. And the Monday quotations always resonate with me.

Nancy Straughan - The sheer volume of visual and artistic inspiration I find on this blog is astonishing.

thxthxthx - Because I find this concept absolutely delightful and Leah's view of the world is so wonderful.

Ring Them Bells - Witty. Funny. Touching. Slightly bizarre. Elizabeth is a delightful writer.

The Storialist - Ekphrastic poetry that is incisive and touching and challenging all at the same time. Hannah's discipline astonishes me.

Live Creating Yourself - Always something beautiful to be found on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment