Monday, February 13, 2012

Snow-bound


It snowed a lot today, and I honestly could not be happier about it. It was an absolutely beautiful day. Not too cold, and perfectly wintery light. With the exception of a quick trip to the grocery store, I've been at home reading all day like the good, studious grad student that I am, even though my heart was trying to convince me that I should go take a good long photo walk. Well, I couldn't NOT pick up my camera when there was an abundance of snow and the perfect fading light of the end of the day, so I went out (without a coat!) and took pictures just outside my apartment for about 10 minutes. Hopefully the snow will stick around tomorrow and I can squeeze in a photo walk in the morning.


One of my friends came over for dinner on Friday before we headed out to a concert and party, and she left her bike here since it is generally unadvisable to bike after drinking. The weather hasn't exactly been bike friendly since then though, so her bike is still living outside my door. Turned out to be lucky for me, since it made for a couple of great shots this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment