Monday, April 19, 2010

Little Bits of Joy


This is not the photo I wanted to put up today, but I couldn't find the one I was looking for so this is the one you guys get. It still fits with where I'm going though. Little spiderweb with raindrops caught all over it. It's one of those details that caught my eye. I'm big on taking close up photos because I think there is something wonderful about taking the time to notice the details of life. I love finding those small things that are beautiful, those tiny moments that make me smile (either out of amusement or contentment). I think I need to take my own advice today. Finals begin on Wednesday and I have officially entered the blind panic stage. I need to remember to stop and think about the good things in my life sometimes. Like, Friday night I went to improv with some friends. And it was genuinely fun and made me laugh harder than I have laughed in quite a while. Or the fact that it has been gorgeous all weekend. Or that the Ballyhoo came out on Friday and I had three pictures published in it and got to spend some time luxuriating in the incredible artistic talents of some of my friends. So, as exams approach, I am promising myself that I will take time to notice the tiny rain-covered spiderwebs in life and take the time to look at them and smile, to find the beauty in the midst of the chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment