Saturday, April 10, 2010

To Heal a Soul


Music is like a drug for me. I live my life to an almost continual soundtrack. This was the first year that I wasn't in some sort of formal music class (piano lessons, voice lessons, choir) and I have been going through serious bouts of withdrawal. It's a good thing I have a piano in my apartment and a vast (and ever growing) library of music on my computer. Music is what keeps me sane. It can turn my mood around or it can make whatever I'm feeling that much more intense, depending on what I want. Music energizes me. I never grow tired of discovering new artists and always love making music whether it is a casual jam session or just playing the piano or singing in choir. There is simply something magical in music.
I actually had a completely different post planned for today, but then tonight my roommates convinced me to abandon my plans of being incredibly productive and go to the acoustic cafe night that was going on in the dorm lounge. I was really reluctant because I was super tired and stressed. I forgot how amazing it can be to listen to someone playing guitar and singing live and how much fun it is when everybody knows the song and sings along. It completely turned my mood around. I'm feeling energized (although that will end as soon as I crawl into bed and turn out the lights) and just so much more relaxed. Music to heal a soul. This picture just seemed right.
I love this picture a lot. I played with the color a bit after I took it, but the warmth just seemed appropriate for the music (it's from Schumann's "Kinderszenen" Op. VII "Träumeri" - positively beautiful).

No comments:

Post a Comment