Sunday, September 4, 2011

Beautiful and Good Things


Luxury is not a necessity to me, but beautiful and good things are. - Anaïs Nin


On Saturday morning I went to check out the farmers' market here. It's amazing. It runs twice a week, all year round, and on Saturday's there are about 70 vendors. And it is a real farmers' market. There were only one or two booths that were selling crafty things. Instead, there was an embarrassment of riches in the food department. Beautiful vegetables and berries, local wines, fresh bread...everything one could hope for. One table was selling fresh flowers, and they were stunning. I bought myself a few stems to set on my table. They are absolutely delightful. There is something about having fresh flowers that always makes me feel better. They instantly provide me with a smile whenever I look at them. I think I may need to make a weekly tradition of going to the market on Saturday mornings. You know it's a good place when I will get out of bed to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment