Thursday, September 1, 2011

Homesick


Back in Edmonton, today was the first day of registration at King's. For the past few years I've worked the registration table as one of the students who manages the line. And as crazy as the days were, I really enjoyed it. I loved seeing all of my friends, catching up briefly. I loved the crazy bustle of everyone being on campus at once. And today, I seriously missed it. I wanted to be there, in the middle of the chaos, seeing everybody. So, in a (partially successful) effort to overcome this particular bout of homesickness, I spent the day listening to Simon Hoskyn and Justine Vandergrift, and it has been helping me feel a bit more like I'm at home. One of the great blessing of being at King's was the fact that the community is so musically rich. I got to know, and listen to, some seriously talented musicians. Simon and Justine are just two of these people. I love their music and today it helped me feel a bit more in touch with the community I used to be a part of.

No comments:

Post a Comment