Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Hello Grad School


Hello grad school, I'm Breanna. You're a bit scary, but I think I like you.

I kind of ripped that sentiment off from a friend. He just started law school, and wrote the same thing (substitute law school for grad school) as his facebook status. It made such perfect sense to me that I had to steal it for here. I hope he doesn't mind.

Orientation was Tuesday. Met some great people. Even though I was completely overwhelmed by all of the stuff I am required to do, in the end I am feeling far more positive about this whole experience. The excitement-fear balance is now tipped toward excitement.

2 comments:

  1. That's wonderful. Enjoy it!

    A professor of mine once gave me great advice about grad school, "When you have a dark night of the soul, just remember your passions and why you wanted to continue learning and growing."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for passing that advice along to me. I may have to post it on the wall of my office for thee times when things get mad.

    ReplyDelete