Friday, July 29, 2011

The Glory Days of Summer


Okay, let's face it: the weather here in Edmonton hasn't exactly been spectacularly summery lately. I love rain and so for the most part haven't had any complaints about the large amounts of water falling from the heavens (except when it catches me unprepared, that is never fun). But the copious number of rainy days has made me appreciate the sun all that much more. We're headed into August, and I always think of these as the glory days of summer. I'm really a fall girl so August is full of the anticipation of September, which brings with it autumn and school. But August has merits all its own. For instance, I think August provides the best summer light around. It's the month where the light starts to shift from the bright yellow sunshine of July to the warm golden sunlight of September. Even though August is going to be absolutely mad for me, what with a wedding to go to, finishing my research job, packing, actually moving across the country, unpacking and getting myself sorted and settled...it's going to be insane. Nonetheless I'm hoping to enjoy a few golden moments in these glory days.

No comments:

Post a Comment