Monday, July 11, 2011

This city is full


This whole apartment thing is a nightmare. Every place that I can afford comes with a roommate who is a freak. I mean, look at this, "Wanted: female roommate, non-smoker, non-ugly." Just, there's nothing. This city is full. -- Rachel Greene, Friends, "The One With Ross's Denial"
For those of you who don't know, I'm supposed to be moving across the country in about 5 weeks. I still haven't found an apartment. My hunt hasn't been quite as sitcom-y, but substitute dumpy places for freaky roommates and you have a pretty good summary of my last good chunk of time. I am beginning to feel like I'm on the edge of a nervous breakdown. Apartment hunting is consuming every free moment of my thoughts, and even some moments that aren't supposed to be free. It's hard to focus on anything else. I thought I hated moving - the packing and unpacking has never been something I've enjoyed - but I've discovered I hate apartment hunting even more. This whole apartment thing is a nightmare indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment