Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Proud of Myself


I would just like to take a moment to brag about how much furniture I have assembled over the past few days. All of my stuff arrived on Friday night, and most of my furniture was from Ikea, so it was flat-packed and needed to be assembled. This seemed like a great idea. It takes up way less space that way and is less likely to be damaged in the move. Plus, when I planned this, my stuff was supposed to arrive when my parents and Sally were still here to help me. This didn't pan out, and come Friday night it was seeming like the worst plan in the world. Since then I have, all by myself, assembled a double bed, a dresser, a nightstand, a vanity table, two arm chairs, a bookcase, a desk, two stools, a kitchen table and two kitchen chairs. I actually have the beginnings of calluses on my palms and thumbs from all of this, but I feel so accomplished. Plus I am now basically a professional Ikea-furniture assembler. I could probably go into business. All the hard work has totally been worth it though. I pretty much hated the apartment when I arrived, but now at least I have real furniture, and real dishes, and actual knives. I was so excited the first morning I could use my toaster. And I am now in love with my little living room setup. It's so cute and happy and full of lamps. Seriously love it. So now I am almost done. I just have to organize my office supplies, organize my closet, and hang pictures. I am rather proud of myself.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you, Breanna! We will remember you next time we buy something at Ikea! Hope you are enjoying everything about your new digs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you! I don't think I could do that!

    ReplyDelete