Thursday, February 24, 2011

Bibliophilic Delight


bibliophile (n)
a person who collects or has a great love of books

My name is Breanna and I am a bibliophile.

I seriously adore books. Particularly old books. In fact, for quite some time now I've been craving a trip to The Wee Book Inn in order to wander through their top floor and explore all the old books up there. There is just something profoundly beautiful about old books and the sensation of being surrounded by them is something I've been longing for. This afternoon my grandmother took me to her friend's house where I was allowed to peruse this woman's collection of old books and take a bunch home with me. It pretty much filled all of my bibliophilic fantasies as of late. Beautiful volumes dating from the late 1880s. Poetry and novels, embossed covers and leather bindings. There are even tiny margin notes in a lot of them. Delightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment