Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Moon River



Moon River
Audrey Hepburn

Moon river, wider than a mile
I'm crossing you in style some day
Oh dream maker, you heart breaker
Wherever you're going I'm going your way
Two drifters off to see the world
There's such a lot of world to see
We're after the same rainbow's end
Waiting 'round the bend
My huckleberry friend
Moon river and me


Happy Valentine's Day! Normally I hate this holiday. I get my good bitter-single-girl-who-can't-even-eat-chocolate attitude on and mope. For some reason this year though it's been good. I mean, I spent my day editing a paper, going to class, and reading for another paper. But the Valentine-y stuff wasn't bothering me this year. In fact, I kind of found it downright sweet. Perhaps it is a side-effect of consciously surrounding myself with beauty and remaining open to beauty and love as concepts. The campus coffee shop was playing Valentine's Day type music and while I was waiting in line "Moon River" came on. This is one of my all time favourite songs. I think it would make a fantastic first dance song (yes, I'm a girl, I think about these things). Anyway, as soon as I heard it I remembered this picture that I took on my walk through the river valley this past fall. We were wandering across the footbridge and paused to look out over the water when I noticed this graffiti. I thought it was so sweet, and honestly, every time I see this photo my heart smiles a little bit. So there you have it, two things that have made me melt a little bit. I hope that your day was characterized by love in whatever form it takes in your life, be it family, friends, or a significant other.

No comments:

Post a Comment