Friday, April 22, 2011

The End


I am officially finished my undergrad degree.

It's weird. I'm so excited to be done. And I'm proud that I made it through. And I'm just tired because I've been pushing so hard for the last month or so. But the reality is starting to hit me now. Sitting in my room at my parents' house typing this I am beginning to realize just how final this is. Yes, there is still grad, but not everyone goes to grad. I have friends that I likely will never see again. I feel like this last year at school I finally found a community that I really loved. And having that ripped away is a bit painful.

There I go again, turning something that should just be plain old exciting into something deeply melancholy. Not one of my more attractive qualities.

This is the sunset from a couple of days ago. Shot through my window at an exceptional distance, hence the haziness. But I really love the colours. It was almost as if the sky was on fire. It seemed appropriate for this moment in my life. Both beautiful and a little bit scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment