Friday, April 8, 2011

A Cat in the Sun


It's the end of semester rush. Everyone is running around writing papers, giving presentations and beginning to stress about impending exams. This point in the semester unfortunately also coincides with the long-awaited emergence of spring. It is still tenuous since we live in Edmonton and the possibility of snow looms until just about July, but it has been lovely lately. Sadly, I spend my days sitting in a windowless office and windowless classrooms. Although it's productive it is not exactly what I would like to be doing. I come back to the apartment at lunch and find our living room bathed in sunlight. All I want to do is curl up in the sunshine and sleep, as if I was a cat. Alas, I must tear myself away and return to the windowless land of academia.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, hear, hear! I'm also swamped with homework everyday! Sometimes I wish I'm a cat..just no obligations whatsoever, just sleep and eat! xoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete