Wednesday, March 16, 2011

It's like a snowstorm in here. It's all white and empty.


I've been reading lit theory all day as part of my research for a paper. This is the kind of day that feels endless. By 8:30 I was ready to go to sleep. As a result of all this reading my brain is feeling rather shot, so when I went to post something on here my thought process went like this: "Uhm....uhm..." and then there was nothing. Absolutely nothing. This nothingness however served as inspiration enough. I went hunting through my photos for something kind of blank and came up with this. I actually really like this shot. Probably because I'm a sucker for light. The nothingness in my brain also made me think of this line from Gilmore Girls where Rory is freaking out about an interview and she says "And nothing. It's a blank. It's like a snowstorm in here. It's all white and empty." That pretty much sums up how I'm feeling. Just blank. There has been so much information crammed into my head and yet it is as if there is nothing in there. So, despite the nothingness I managed to come up with a picture I'm fond of and a title I enjoy. Tonight, I will consider that mission accomplished.

1 comment:

  1. I might be able to relate a little. Today was the longest day ever, and I might be wishing my head was a little more blank so that I could actually fall asleep...

    Kudos to you for reading lit theory all day. No wonder your poor brain is tired!

    ReplyDelete