Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters


I haven't been sleeping well this week. It's not my normal not sleeping well either. Typically I don't sleep because my brain won't turn off. Not this week though. Once I fall into bed and read for a bit I am out. That's when the problem starts. See, this week I've been having nightmares. Wake-up-drenched-in-sweat, scream-yourself-awake kind of nightmares. This isn't something I normally struggle with. I get anxiety dreams around exam time, but nightmares are something I only usually encounter a couple of times a year if that. I haven't had this many nightmares since I was a kid. It's really beginning to take a toll on me. I'm hoping it stops soon. Although I am not sure that spending my weekend reading about the Kirov murder and The Great Terror is going to help the situation.

All I did to this picture was up the shadows a bit. The greenish tint to the sky? The whole reason I took the picture. Weird, right?

As a side note, whenever I think of nightmares I always think of Francisco Goya's "The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters."

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry, my dear. Nightmares are never fun.

    ReplyDelete