Thursday, June 24, 2010

Asking for Directions


In Dublin, all the crosswalks are labelled like this. At least, the ones in the touristy areas are. It's because they drive on the opposite side of the road and they don't want people to die because they were checking for traffic coming the wrong way. The instruction is nice. Wouldn't it be great if life was like this? Had directions painted on the road, maybe some nice signs along the way? I am starting to formulate an idea of what I want to do with my life. But it's more of the "when I am 25, I would like to be..." kind of idea. Right now I still feel like I'm floundering. I feel like I have too many interests and can't choose what to focus on. I would just really appreciate a very clear indication of what I am supposed to be doing RIGHT NOW, as in this summer. Don't get me wrong, I like having ambitions and dreams for the future, but they are so tenuous. The smallest change now could make them impossible or completely change my mind about what I want. I just feel a little lost. But then again, doesn't everybody feel lost from time to time? I think it's just part of growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment