Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Confessional


It is no secret that I love musical theatre. What is perhaps a better kept secret is that I often wish I had the guts and the means to pursue musical theatre (more than just watching the occasional musical). If King's put on a musical I would be on board in a heartbeat. Or if we had a glee club...man that would be awesome. I spent so much of the time I was in voice lessons singing musical theatre pieces and yet when I recorded my cd I decided to do a bunch of jazz stuff. Occasionally I regret that. I know that this is probably a weird confession because if you know me then you know that I have serious stage fright issues. I hated piano and voice recitals because my hands shake so much that it makes playing the piano hard, turning pages difficult, and holding a mic still nearly impossible. And yet every time I watch an episode of Glee or some Disney channel movie where there's singing and dancing (you know, High School Musical, Camp Rock, Starstruck...) or see a musical I get this overwhelming desire to actually be immersed in the musical theatre world. Seriously.

This picture is only tangentally related to the above ramblings. Heart connects to passion...? Regardless, I kind of like the photo. I actually took this one day when I was really bored and painting my nails. I painted this little heart on a post-it and liked how obvious the brushstrokes were so I took a photo.

1 comment:

  1. Yay, I'd love to be your penpal too. Send me your postal address to my email chloe.w.davis@gmail.com and I will send you a letter :)

    ReplyDelete