Tuesday, June 1, 2010

All You Need is Cheese


I realize that this picture has nothing to do with cheese. However, in my head, which is a very strange place most of the time, this picture and cheese are connected. I shall try to explain. Cheese makes me think of a) the food and the really annoying "all you need is cheese" ad campaign (does anyone else find those ads mildly disturbing?) and b) cheesy things, like movies and music and tv shows. I've been in a really weird headspace for the past few days and I really have no idea why. Maybe the weather has something to do with it, but I think it has been compounded by other things that are going on in my life right now. Regardless of the source of it, I've been a bit 'off' lately and have been trying to figure out how to cheer myself up and break out of my funk. Turns out the solution has been cheesy tv, movies, and music (and you were wondering how cheese and my mood were connected...patience Iago...). I've been listening to pop music (of the variety that it is vaguely embarassing to admit that I like it, but I love it nonetheless) and watching cheesy Disney channel/Family channel tv shows and movies (again, some people I know would be ashamed to associate with me if they knew that I was spending copious amounts of quality time with Disney channel stars). I know that this probably makes me incredibly uncool, but since I was never cool in the first place I am okay with it. Besides, it seems to be just what the doctor ordered. I am loving it.

If you have made it through that convoluted explaination of how cheese is even on my mind then you are probably thinking "That's great Breanna, but how does this connect to a picture of sunshine and flowers?" Well, my mood has become significantly sunshinier since my last post because of the vast quantities of cheesy media I have been consuming. Thus, even though it was grey and rainy today, I feel kind of like this picture on the inside. Bright, colorful, sunshiney, just plain old happy. It's nice. I took this picture last summer in Victoria at the Hatley Castle grounds. It was such a gorgeous day and we spent quite a while wandering through the gardens. Good times, summer, and sunshine are all things that suit my newly improved mood. Apparently sometimes it really is true that all you need is cheese.

2 comments:

  1. Cheese makes people constipated... unless they are lactose, in which case, it has the opposite effect.

    Bahahahaha - sorry, I couldn't resist.

    Um also, please tell me that amongst your cheesy-family-channel consumption that you got to watch at least one episode of "Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide".... its probably one of my all-time favourite family-channel shows!

    also, I find these flowers pretty, but kind of awkward looking.... so, really, I love them! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally get it, and I also find the cheese commercials awkward. You are not alone.

    ReplyDelete