Friday, June 4, 2010

"Water makes many Beds" - Emily Dickinson


A week ago I posted a picture of this plant covered in rain droplets. Yesterday I took another wander through my mom's garden to hunt out photo opportunities and noticed that one leaf on the plant was holding this giant drop of water. I love how the sun is hitting the leaves and sparkling on the water. Yesterday was one of the few nice days in the past little while so it was refreshing to see the garden in the sunlight. There was something profoundly melancholy about this little scene though. At least for me there was. The bright shining sun brought the plants to life (figuratively speaking) and yet there was still this little well of water like a reminder of the dreary, unpleasant past. This small, but persistent remanent of hardship and sorrow. Is that reading too much into this image? I think not, but I'm sure some people would argue that it is. Therefore, for the sake of those readers I shall stop my musings here.

No comments:

Post a Comment