Monday, June 28, 2010

Brilliant


This photo has absolutely nothing to do with my day today. However, I captures my Saturday perfectly. I spent the afternoon at the park for my best friend's birthday party and it was splendid. The weather was perfect, the company was delightful, and I got to be in the woods while the sun was beginning to set and taking on that golden sunset quality. Sublime. Afterwards a few of us went back to her parents' house and just sat around the kitchen table talking for hours. I do not even have words to express how perfect a day it was. That's not true, I have one word: brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

I've been wanting to post this photo for quite a while because it is one of my favorites, but I haven't had the ideal occasion until now. I took this while I was in Victoria last summer. We were driving through Beacon Hill Park the first evening I was there and the sun was just beginning to reach the horizon and kept coming through the trees in these brilliant flashes. There is a certain feeling to summer evenings and I think this picture captures it perfectly. Warm and somehow magical, the world is awash in soft light and everything seems beautiful and perfect. That is exactly the way that yesterday felt as well. It's funny, because as much as I love language sometimes I find that words just fail and I begin to think in pictures. This is one such instance. There is so much more wrapped up in this picture than I could express here.

No comments:

Post a Comment