Friday, April 9, 2010

April Blizzard


It is blizzarding outside. Actually, I'm not sure it qualifies as a blizzard, but the winds are gusting to 60 km/h and it is -10 with the windchill and there is snow falling from the sky. It was 14 degrees or something this afternoon. I know I live in Edmonton, but this is just ridiculous. In a nice example of pathetic fallacy the weather got nastier as my day got worse. At least I don't feel horrible while it is sunny and warm out, because that is always unfortunate.
I am consoling myself with pictures of tropical plants from the Muttart Conservatory. This one is from Family Day in February. I love how everything is so lush and green and then there is just this perfect hit of pink in the flower. Delightful. Plus looking at it makes me think of the lovely humid warmth of the tropical greenhouse. Mmmmm. Warmth.

No comments:

Post a Comment