Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Dreary Days


The weather has turned grey and rainy lately. This would be perfectly acceptable except for the fact that the wind has also picked up to ridiculous levels making it next to impossible to be outside for any length of time. Plus the wind negates any possibility of using an umbrella. I moved out of the apartment today and this windy rainy grossness is definitely not ideal moving weather. On the subject of activities that are not ideal in this weather, I am getting a haircut tomorrow (yay!) which means that I have to head down to Whyte on the bus in the rainy windy grossness.
The scribbly, mindless nature of this picture kind of sums up how I'm feeling right now. The dullness of the weather plus the post-exams sensation of brainlessness plus the ridiculousness of packing/unpacking plus the beginning of the job hunt have all combined to reduce my mind to little more than a bowl of soup. I hate these transitional phases. They are always awkward and leave me feeling all off-kilter. I know that once I find a job for the summer things will settle down and feel a little less awkward, but just the nature of being a student seems to leave me in this position a lot. Even though my parents' house is still home it just feels impermenant somehow. I think because I'm only here for four months over the summer...I don't know. I read a post a while ago from Delightfully Tacky, one of my favorite bloggers, where she talked about the feeling that a phase of your life is like a puzzle piece that just doesn't quite fit. That is exactly the sensation that I have right now. Scribbles. Mashed puzzle pieces. It's like someone let a two year old loose in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment