Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Not Wanted on the Voyage


I'm currently working on the outline for my literary theory paper, which is on Timothy Findley's novel, Not Wanted on the Voyage and feminist theory. Not the world's most stimulating topic, but also not the most boring topic I've written on, so I'll survive. Anyway. Since the novel is a feminist/postcolonial/ecocritical rewrite of the flood narrative from Genesis, most of it involves a rather large boat. Not nearly as pretty as this one, according to the novel anyway, the Bible doesn't really specify how pretty the ark was, just how to build it. As a result, I have boats on the mind. As I was trolling through my pictures from various trips to places near water I came across this one from my trip to Nova Scotia in 2008. I actually didn't know that I had this picture, but I am definitely a fan of it. I love how the blue of the ship and the red of the flag just pop against the greyish background. I actually posted a picture of this ship's masts and rigging a few weeks ago. Sorry this is such a short post. I keep getting great ideas for posts I could do but they all take some time to put together, so until I have made it through the rest of the semester I'll just have to keep those ideas on the back burner. I should probably write them down somewhere otherwise they are likely to get lost in the upcoming cramming for finals. All right. Back to the outline!

1 comment:

  1. That is a beautiful photo! I'm working on end-of-semester papers myself, good times huh? ;) Good luck on yours!

    And thanks so much for the kind comment you left on my blog. You're right, it's not the path I thought I would be taking, but I'm making the best of it anyway and looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete