Sunday, April 25, 2010

Worn Out


Hey. Sorry about the hiatus I've been on the past few days. I had a minor meltdown Tuesday night and then I spent Wednesday, Thursday, Friday writing exams and starting the slow and unsightly process of moving back home for the summer. Half of my belongings are now at the apartment and half of them are here at my parents' house. Fortuantely, I only have a take-home exam left and then I am free and clear. The unpacking process will be ugly (it always is), but I'm looking forward to having an organized room (because right now it really isn't). I'm feeling a bit worn out. Four exams in three days is pretty nasty. Although I know people who had five in three days, so at least I didn't have that. This rundown house and beat up car seemed to suit my mood. Exhausted. Yet there is still something gorgeous about them that just cries out be be documented photographically. I am in no way implying that the gorgeous part is also applicable to me, just the worn out part (although the other day one of my roommates told me that it is unfair that I can spend an entire day studying, go write an exam, and still look good at the end of the day...). Moving on, this picture is from one of the Easter breaks that I spent in Champion. There is definitely something about small towns. I think it is best described as charm. Cities don't tend to have charm, many other positive attributes, but it seems that charm is a quality almost exclusive to small towns. I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment