Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Empty


I handed in my last final this morning, so I am officially done for another year! Woohoo! I move out of the apartment tomorrow afternoon so I'm at the tail end of the packing process and my room is currently strangely empty. My desk had my computer, my bamboo, and a pile of makeup on it. If you have ever seen my desk on a normal day then you know that this is pretty remarkable. There's nothing on my shelves, the furniture I brought with me is gone, there is nothing on my walls (except my calander, which I just noticed I forgot to pack). I dislike sitting in empty rooms like this. In order to document the strange sense of emptiness that is currently in my room, I figured a picture of an empty coffee cup was appropriate. This is from the same coffee shop/internet cafe in Banff that we stopped at during choir tour my first year as this photo from a few weeks ago. That is exactly how my room is right now, just the residue of life left in it. It is very strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment