Monday, April 26, 2010

The words I want have all been used to write a million other songs*


*The title of this post comes from "Insomnia" by Jessica Heine.
I have been feeling rather uninspired and unartistic lately. I tend to hit this kind of slump at the end of every school year. Something about the combination of exams and packing and unpacking just knocks all the creatvity out of my body. I think I need to immerse myself in something creative. Perhaps go to the art gallery. Or spend an entire day reading poetry. Or head somewhere cool in the city and take a bunch of photos. Sadly, that will have to wait a few more days because I'm still finishing up a take home and am only halfway through the packing process (and that doesn't even include the unpacking part of moving). Blah. So, this is a picture from Christmas of 2008. I was playing around with different settings on my Rebel and taking pictures of the Christmas lights and got this shot. While it probably qualifies as a really horrible picture because it reveals a remarkable lack of skills in setting various things and in holding the camera still, I think it looks kind of cool. Artsy, if you will. Plus, I love light and playing with light in photography. Right now, I'll take what I can as far as feeling artistic goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment