Sunday, May 9, 2010

Moments of Brightness


Let's face it, this week has not been that great for me. Between being sick (which I am still fighting off the spin off ramifications of that flu) and not yet having a job and discovering that very few of my clothes actually fit me any more (and yet, due to the job situation, I lack funds to replace said clothes), this simply has not been one of the best weeks ever. However, there have been bright spots. I saw a fantastic play on Sunday night. The Citadel does a Shakespeare play every season and this year it was As You Like It. The best live production of Shakespeare I have ever been to (and I can think of 11 productions that I have been to so this isn't a "it's the best I've been to" but I've actually only been to two). I got my marks back and did waaaaaaaaaaay better than I was expecting to. I had a major photography project that I finally wrapped up get good (dare I say rave?) reviews so far. I'll share that with you some time in the next couple days. I read A Little Princess and watched The Young Victoria. So, even amongst the disgusting week there have still been bright spots.
This picture seemed to capture that sentiment nicely. I love the bright pops of orange flowers against the grey rocky background and in amongst the dry, dead twigs. This was taken in Victoria last summer. Just along the side of a parking lot. I made my family stop while I took pictures. Man, I must be annoying to travel with...

No comments:

Post a Comment