Friday, May 14, 2010

When Life Hands You Lemons...


I'm not going to lie, today was kind of tough. Some good news, but it's the kind of good news that is so intertwined with the incredibly difficult, life-altering kind of stuff that it's hard to be happy about it. However, there is nothing to do about it at this point but take it and move on. Look on the bright side. Find the silver lining. Make some lemonade. Okay, so I'm still (really) struggling with that, but I'm trying at least. And that's what counts right?
Speaking of lemons, here is a picture of a lemon tree on the YWAM base in LA. Took this on the same trip as the picture from yesterday's post. The first half of the trip was spent in LA and the last half was spent in Tijuana. I appreciate the bright colors in this image, the brilliant green and yellow against the pale, yet intense blue of the sky...it's quite lovely. So maybe instead of making lemonade I'll make art. There we go, my new attitude, my new motto: When life hands you lemons, make art!

1 comment:

  1. I love your motto, 'when life gives you lemons, make art' That's a great motto. I might keep it in mind for myself. Hope things for you work out too.

    Thanks for your comment, I am feeling much better now and may have a solution to my living arrangements which is amazing. I agree with you. I love that everyone in the blogging world is so honest, but even more, I love that I can be so honest. It's such a great way to get out all the things you are thinking.

    Chloe xx

    ReplyDelete