Saturday, May 8, 2010

Sunsets



the piles of red or gold clouds in the west; or the purple ones edged with dazzling brightness; or the little fleecy, floating ones, tinged with rose-color and looking like flights of pink doves scurrying across the blue in a great hurry if there was a wind -- A Little Princess Frances Hodgson Burnett


I have reached the point in my illness where I feel well enough to be tired of just sitting on the couch watching tv all day but not well enough to actually contemplate doing anything (I still have yet to put on makeup and I've been walking around in the same hoodie for the past few days, which, if you know me, you know is a sure fire sign that I am not feeling well). Anyway, after an hour or so of watching Say Yes to the Dress and then a bit of Food Network (although substantially less than the past few days) I was going a bit stir crazy. I decided that rather than sitting on the couch watching tv, I would sit on the couch reading a book. I read all of A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett today. I know it's a children's book, but I loved it. I mean seriously loved it. It has been quite a while since I got that much pure joy out of reading a book. Rapturous delight in fact. Don't get me wrong, I've read some good books lately, but there is a difference between a book I love and a book I LOVE. I am quite positive that that probably didn't clear things up. Anybody know what I'm talking about? Maybe it's just a book-freak thing. Anyway, I was reading and this description of what Sara (the main character) calls "Splendid" sunsets reminded me of a picture I had come across the other day. I thought I would share it and another picture of sunset clouds with you all. The first picture is from Victoria last summer and the second one is from Halifax several years ago. I love sunsets. I'm a sucker for light and color so they are pretty much my ideal moments in time. I hope you enjoy these two as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment