Saturday, May 1, 2010

Duckblossom


Tomorrow (well, I guess since it is 12.30am it is today) my dear roommate of three years graduates. I can't believe it has been that long already. In honor of this auspicious occasion, here is a photo of a bright pink gerber daisy. She loves both bright colors and gerbers so it seemed appropriate. I love how the flower is so bright that it almost seems to glow in the picture. In case you are wondering, the title of this post is not completely random. Second semester of our first year, I read The Winter of Our Discontent by John Steinbeck. In the book, one of the pet names the main character has for his wife is "duckblossom". I found this hilarious and shared it with my roomie. She also thought it was ridiculous, and, because we both have a fondness for the absurd, we started calling each other "duckblossom" as a joke. Somehow it stuck and three years later we are still calling each other that. It makes me happy. I'm so glad she is back for the education after degree next year. It would just be too weird to not have her around.

No comments:

Post a Comment