Wednesday, September 22, 2010

An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away


Everyone around me is getting sick. Well, okay, that is a bit of an overstatement, but it certainly seems as if an unusually large number of people are ill at the moment. Since I have next to no immune system (if someone I spend time with gets sick I am almost guaranteed to get whatever they have) this concerns me. I've already been sick once this semester so I have no real desire to get another cold. Maybe I'll be lucky and whatever is going around right now is what I already had.

I'm allergic to apples though, so this particular adage doesn't really help me out too much. But it does make for a decent blog post. I took this picture in Lacombe and am rather fond of it. I enjoy playing around with different ways of framing things, and find that I am a particular fan of having the focus of a picture off to the side or in a corner. That's definitely one of the reasons that I like this picture. I also like that it is a slightly different subject than I typically photograph. Any time I take a lot of pictures you can almost guarantee that most of them will be of flowers, and although this isn't the biggest departure from that (still being a plant and in a garden and all) I like having some different things to photograph.

1 comment:

  1. You're allergic to apples?! That breaks my heart for you... I LOVE apples.. (guess I can eat your share then... haha kidding)
    Also, great pictures dude.. Can you print and frame this one, so I can cover the hideous horse picture that came with my new house? bahahaha, it's terrible..

    Oh, oh oh!!! Check out Andrew Belle! He's amazing! (Musician, not photographer.. lol)

    ReplyDelete