Friday, September 24, 2010

I've got sunshine on a cloudy day


Or at least I have a sunflower. The sun finally came out in full force today. Even though it was still a bit chilly out, it was a welcome respite from the relentless rain. And it is supposed to be warm and sunny and indian summer-like for the next while. Yay! This picture is appropriate for today for more than just that. Yesterday was rough. Today was also a rather unpleasant day, so by the time I got to work I was grouchy and was worried that work would just make it worse. Instead it actually brightened my day. Now if I have told you work stories or you have worked where I work (not that a lot of my work colleagues read this...or any of them) then you know that this is something akin to a miracle. Normally the office is not the most uplifting of places; it tends to be rather stressful, especially on Thursday nights when I don't start work until 6.30 (3 hours later than a typical weekday shift). Maybe it was just the combination of people who were working tonight, but somehow it wasn't as insane as a typical Thursday and I actually had some fun joking around with some of the guys. So nice after two days of grossness. So there you have it, literal and metaphorical sunshine today.

This is yet another picture from Lacombe (I took a lot). The sunflowers in this garder were ridiculously tall and huge. I have never seen sunflowers like that before. They were really pretty though, with their bright yellow petals standing out against the grey sky. Love it!

1 comment:

  1. I was going to try and think of something clever to say.. but then I couldn't...
    Love the picture though! And that's pretty awesome that you had a great night at work.... I know what that's like, especially when those days are few and far between! I hope you have more work days like that :)

    ReplyDelete