Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Sometimes I feel I've got to run away, I've got to get away


That's right, I just quoted Soft Cell in my title.

I mentioned yesterday that I spent Saturday at my roommates farm in Lacombe. It was the perfect getaway. I didn't take any homework with me, instead I spent a lovely afternoon wandering through their gorgeous gardens and around the grounds taking pictures. After the crazy week I had last week I really needed the breathing space that this trip provided. As much as I am a city girl through and through, I sincerly love spending time on farms and in small towns. There is something wonderfully relaxing about them even if you are only there for a few hours. Maybe it has to do with simply having space around you. The air is cleaner and it is just easier to think and breathe. It was a drizzly day and the air smelled so clean and fresh. It was that cool, crisp autumn air that is so refreshing to breathe in. Just thinking about it makes me smile. I think this picture captures a bit of that relaxed state of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment