Thursday, September 23, 2010

This picture makes me smile when I'm having a bad day


So, I am currently working on an assignment that is due tomorrow afternoon. In theory it should be a quick sit down and type it up in a couple hours kind of thing since it is only supposed to be four pages long, but for some reason I am having incredible levels of difficulty organizing my thoughts. This means that instead of simply sitting down and cranking it out, I've been staring at the screen, typing one sentence at a time and trying desperately to make things coherent and connected. As the night wears on I am getting more and more frustrated by this. However, I am sitting at my desk and next to me is a bunch of hydrangeas that I bought myself on Monday. I can never decide if it is odd to by yourself flowers, but I do it fairly frequently. I adore hydrangeas so much and every time I look at them they make me smile. This is probably the only thing saving my sanity at this moment. I thought I would share a picture of them with you. Hopefully they can brighten your day a bit too. I realized after I uploaded this picture that it is composed in a very similar manner to yesterday's. Oh well. I really do love this particular composition. I also really like how the light is in this photo. It was rainy the day that I took this picture so the light is soft and diffused as it comes in the window. There is something romantic, wistful and dreamy about this image. It makes me smile.

In case you are wondering, the title of this post comes from the song "This Picture" by a local Edmonton singer/songwriter, Jesse Crowley. I saw him perform live several years ago and to be honest I don't know what he has been up to recently. I bought a cd of rough cuts of some of his songs when I saw him perform and it is one of those albums that I kind of forgot about for a while. I rediscovered it last week though and have rapidly fallen in love with it again. I am definitely a fan of his stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Mom buys herself flowers all the time. I think that it's just a way to surround yourself with pretty things.

    ReplyDelete