Thursday, September 30, 2010

Just Relax


chamomile (noun)
an aromatic European plant of the daisy family, with white and yellow daisy-like flowers

Okay, so these aren't chamomile flowers (obviously since they don't look like daisies), but they reminded me of the dried chamomile flowers used for tea, only these are bigger. Traditionally, chamomile tea is considered calming and soothing. It's good to drink just before bed because it relaxes you and allows you to fall asleep faster. One of my favourite teas right now is called Dulce & Banana and it's a chamomile based tea with caramelized bananas in it. It's probably a good thing that I like it because calming and relaxing effects are something I need by the the bucketful during the school year.

This is another picture from Saturday's jaunt in the park. I love taking pictures while wandering around outside because it forces me to look at things differently. In particular, I notice the small things, the things that would just get lost in the big picture if I wasn't consciously seeking them out. Walking through nature with my camera in hand is actually a very therapeutic and relaxing experience for me. Almost as good as drinking a mug of chamomile tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment