Sunday, September 26, 2010

Welocme Old Friend


I can't remember a time when autumn was not my favourite season. Maybe when I was a kid and kind of thought summer and winter were the only seasons (we have really short springs and autumns here, they are easy to miss). Fall officially began this week, which makes me super happy. The weather also turned from rainy and cold to sunny and warm. I think we have a bit of an indian summer right now, which is super exciting because for a while it looked like we wouldn't get one. It was gorgeously warm today so a couple of my roomies and I took advantage of the weather and went down to Goldbar/Rundell Park to wander amongst the fall foliage of the river valley. It was the perfect time of day for pictures since the sun was just starting to set and casting a beautiful golden hue on all of the beautiful fall colours. This is a picture of one of the birch trees we passed whose leaves have all turned yellow. My one roommate loves birch trees and her face just lit up when we passed this one. It was really a perfect way to spend an hour of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment