Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Bright Lights of Summer


The past couple of days have been busy, but in a very good way. Monday I spent most of the day with two of my friends wandering around Capital EX. For those of you who are not from Edmonton, Capital EX is basically Edmonton's town fair. Think midway games, rides, deep fried everything...it's a good time and definitely a summer staple. I love amusement parks and rides a lot, so I always have a good time. Plus, I adore all of the lights. I think this is what makes the strongest impression on me. Whenever I think about Capital EX I think about the way I feel standing in line for rides in the evening; the sun is just starting to set, it is getting cool and windy, and all of the lights are blazing on the rides, games, and concession stands. It's just such an awesome moment in time. I think that's why I like this picture so much. It evokes the exact moment in time. I actually took this one a couple years ago at Captial EX. I did take pictures on Monday, but I haven't had a moment to go through and edit them up yet. Some of them will probably make their way onto the blog in the future though.

No comments:

Post a Comment