Sunday, July 18, 2010

I just want to DANCE


The sun decided to show itself today. The day actually turned out to be quite lovely. And, aside from a couple hours this evening, I wasn't bored all day, which was a refreshing change and means that I am currently way less frustrated than I have been as of late. However I have all this pent up energy that I'm not quite sure what to do with. I actually really want to have a dance party. In first year there used to be spontaneous dance parties in various rooms on our floor. It is just such a great way to blow off steam. They are way less fun by yourself though. I have been known to indulge in individual dance parties although they are more of the "imagine you're a rockstar" variety than the dance around like a maniac variety. Unless I have the house to myself. Then I will sometimes crank the tunes and dance around. Anyway. I really want to have a dance party right now. Or jump on the bed. Or something else exuberant and ridiculous.

I have posted a picture of these flowers before. They are one of my favorite flowers ever to photography because of how they are oriented. Because they hang towards the ground you have to shoot them against the sky and the brilliant orange against a clear blue sky is just perfect. I took this particular picture on Canada Day this year. Fort Edmonton is the only place I have ever encountered the particular flowers, which I think is a shame because they are very lovely. I like that the brightness captures the ridiculous energy thing I've got going on right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment