Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Happy Half Birthday to Me!


Today is my half birthday! Well, it is almost over now since it is 11:20 pm and by the time most people read this it won't be any more, but it was my half birthday. Now, this is not really a big deal for most people (unless you are 4, and then your half birthday is probably a very exciting event), but I personally love half birthdays. When I was a kid I remember getting a present for my half birthday. Now that I live in dorms during school, we celebrate half birthdays for two of my roommates because their birthdays don't fall during the school year. I think I just like half birthdays because they bring out a bit of the little kid in me. Even though I didn't officially do anything to celebrate today, I did go clothing shopping and found a whack of stuff that fit (yay!) and was on sale (double yay!). Plus my mommy bought me a hat. =)

This is not my half birthday cake or anything. In fact, it wasn't even my birthday cake. I took this picture at my friend's 20th birthday a couple of years ago as she was blowing out the candles. Since I'm fascinated by light, candles are one of my favorite things to photograph. Just like everyone looks good in candlelight, I'm pretty sure that any photograph of candles looks good. Okay, I take that back. I've taken some horrid photos of candles in my time. Regardless, I like this particular picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment