Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Hello Yellow


One of my new color obsessions is yellow. I'm not typically a big fan of yellow, but it has slowly been making its way into my wardrobe. Suddenly, I have enough of it in shades that I actually adore that I find myself wanting more and more. I've even been using it a lot in some of the art I've been working on lately. I find it interesting how I go through color phases. I'm not usually a color person. Seriously. I think if I really had to choose my favorite color I would choose charcoal grey. For some reason though I tend to go through periods of time where I become obsessed with a certain color. When I was in junior high I loved purple. Everything was purple. I remember this one dress and sweater that I wore for the Valentine's Day dance, the dress was lilac and the sweater was dark purple. I also, for some reason, decided to call it "poiple" instead of "purple". Yeah. I was a weird kid. Who am I kidding? I'm still weird. When I was a little kid I had a really hard time pronouncing "yellow" so I called it "lellow". I think that's kind of cute. But, you know, I was a little kid. It becomes less cute when you are a 13 year old who decides to mispronounce a color. Anyway, yellow is my thing right now so I bring you a picture of yellow lilies from my mom's garden several years ago.

1 comment:

  1. I seriously love how you come up with things to blog about.... SOOOOOO RANDOM!!!

    Gorgeous pictures and ramblings... as always! :)

    ReplyDelete