Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Juxtapose


juxtapose
verb [with obj.]
place or deal with close together for contrasting effect
ORIGIN: mid 19th cent. (earlier (Middle English) as juxtaposition): from French juxtaposer, from Latin juxta 'next' + French poser 'to place'.

I don't actually have that much to say today, so I decided to fall back on posting a picture from my Europe trip in grade 12. That trip produced some of my all time favorite photos that I have taken. Those images are actually the reason I started getting into photography in the first place. I love the juxtoposition in this picture of Picadilly Circus in London. The new and the old somehow just work together in that setting even though they are totally incongruent. I guess things don't always have to seem logical or like they will work together in order to compliment each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment