Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Feeling in Colour


Do you ever associate particular colours with particular feelings? I do this all the time. A lot of the time I have no idea how to answer the question "how are you?" because my automatic response is something like "highlighter yellow" or "royal blue", and I feel like that probably is not the kind of response most people are looking for. Well, today was a "light gauzy grey and baby pink" kind of day. I honestly don't know how else to describe it. It wasn't a bad day, it was just a weird day. It was technically the first day of school, but I didn't have any classes.  Everyone around me is excited about being back, and normally I would be there right along with them, but instead I just feel blank. My friends are excited about upcoming weddings, new classes, new adventures, but somewhere in the last couple days it is like all excitement has died in me. It's like I'm removed from everything and everyone. Like I'm one step away from where I should be. I'm perfectly calm. I'm not panicked. All day long though the only really solid thought I could form about how I was feeling was the image of grey and pink. Don't get me wrong, I love grey and pink, they just seem to represent a strange state of mind right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment