Monday, January 31, 2011

Crystalline Moment


I spent my Sunday morning sitting at my desk with sunlight coming in my window and mums in a vase beside me, drinking new kinds of tea, eating strawberries, reading poetry (assigned poetry, but poetry nonetheless) and listening to Edith Piaf. It was lovely. I was productive this weekend on the homework front, but I just kind of took things slowly. I feel like I was just recharging my soul before heading into the next couple of weeks. They are the kind of weeks where there is nothing for it except to take a deep breath, brace yourself and dive in head first. But this morning was a lovely respite from the frustrations of my life last week and the impending challenges of my life this week. I actually felt calm, a rare sensation for me, and as if I had the space to simply breathe. It was this perfect, crystalline moment. Hours wrapped up in a bubble and suspended in the midst of an otherwise unpleasant scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment