Sunday, January 2, 2011

A Pause, A Lift, A Breath


Today was exactly what a New Year's Day should be. I slept in a bit and woke up actually feeling refreshed for the first time in a very long time. I made potato pancakes for lunch and got to share them with three lovely ladies. I spent the afternoon reading The Winter Vault by Anne Michaels and drinking tea. I flipped through some old magazines. I went to Sephora briefly. I caught up on reading blogs. Bean and I watched a movie. It has been a beautiful start to the new year. It was also the first time all break that I genuinely felt like I was on a Christmas break. It was such a busy few weeks with appointments and work that I never felt like I was actually able to breathe. Today was beautiful. I just relaxed. This is not something that I'm good at, but is something I've truly been craving. I am definitely not ready for school to kick back into gear on Monday. I could deal with a few more days like today.

This little phrase is screen printed on the bulletin board in the Starbucks by my parents'. It caught my eye when I was in there with Gabby a couple years ago, so I took a picture. Every so often I come across it and think I should drink wonderful things and relax more often than I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment